KANSAS CITY ESCAPE
GENERAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: June 21 thru July 5, 2012
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. Odds of winning dependent upon the number of entries received unless otherwise stated.
These rules are specific to the 2012 CommunityAmerica Credit Union/Greater KC Attractions KANSAS CITY ESCAPE Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) conducted by Wilks Broadcast Group – Kansas City, LLC (KBEQ-FM, KCKC-FM, KFKF-FM, KMXV-FM) (the “Stations”). The Greater KC Attractions Association and Community America Credit Union (the “Sponsor”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this Sweepstakes, the Station’s General Sweepstakes Rules apply and are available on-line on Station Sweepstakes Pages at www.kfkf.com, www.alice102.com, www.q104kc.com, www.mix93.com, at the Sponsor’s website at www.cacu.com, and at the Station, 508 Westport Road, Kansas City, Missouri 64111, during regular business hours Monday through Friday, 9 am Central Time (“CT”) till 5 pm CT, excluding holidays.
PRIZE: The Prize will be a local Kansas City ESCAPE Getaway which includes four passes to each of the following attractions: Schlitterbahn Waterpark, Legoland, SeaLife, World War I Memorial, the Kansas City Zoo, and the 1859 Jail & Museum. ($450 Prize Value)
- SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY/WINNING: Enter on-line via the Contest Page at www.kfkf.com, www.alice102.com, www.q104kc.com, www.mix93.com before 5 pm, Tuesday, July 3, 2012.
- ALTERNATE FORM OF ENTRY: Eligible Entrants can mail a 3” x 5” postcard to Kansas City Escape, c/o 508 Westport Road, Kansas City, MO 64111. Mailed entries must be received no later than Tuesday, July 3rd. The postcard must include Entrant’s name, address, day phone, evening phone, and date of birth. All mailed entries must meet these requirements to be considered eligible entries. Eligible mailed entries will be entered to win the Event Prize associated with the first scheduled Event following the date the entry is received. If the entry is received after all scheduled Event drawings, but within the Sweepstakes Period, then the entry will only be considered eligible to win the Grand Prize.
SPONSORED BY: CommunityAmerica Credit Union, 9777 Ridge Drive, Lenexa, KS 66219, and the Greater Kansas City Attraction Association.
Sweepstakes is open to Missouri and Kansas residents who are at least 18 years of age or older at time of entry. EMPLOYEES of the Station, Sponsor and any other Kansas City area radio stations, their immediate family and household members are NOT eligible to enter and/or to win this Sweepstakes.
GENERAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
- Station and/or Sponsor reserve the right to prohibit the participation of an individual from any or all Station Sweepstakes if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation.
- Station and/or Sponsor Sweepstakes are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
- All entries become the property of the Station and/or Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Station and/or Sponsor are not responsible for failure to comply with the Sweepstakes rules may result in an entrant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of Wilks Broadcast Kansas City and/or Sponsor.
- Wilks Broadcast Kansas City and/or Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of a prize.
- Pending Winners must respond to Station and/or Sponsor notification of winning attempt within 24 hours of having been made. Failure to do so may result in result in forfeiture of prize.
- Winners are required to sign a Wilks Broadcast Winner Release Form, present a valid United States state or federal photo ID and a valid social security number in order to pick up any prize. Any person who refuses to sign the Release and/or provide photo identification, social security number required by the Station and/or Sponsor may forfeit prize.
- No person will be entitled to receive any prize until after the individual’s identity and eligibility has been confirmed or accepted by Station and/or Sponsor, and all required paperwork has been completed by the pending winner within the required deadlines. Winners must execute and return any required Affidavit of Eligibility and/or Release of Liability Prize Acceptance Form on site after winning.
- Prizes are non-transferable and restrictions may apply.
- The Station and/or Sponsor disclaim all warranties of any kind regarding said prize(s). All prizes are accepted "as is.”
- Prizes are limited to one winner per household every 30 days unless otherwise stated. Major winners of prizes valued at $600.00 or more may only win once per year from the date of winning.
- Winners receiving a total value of prizing in excess of $300 throughout the year will receive a 1099 form for the total dollar amount of all prizing won during the year in which the prize/s were received. All applicable federal, state and local taxes and fees are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winners may be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent.
- There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that Station or Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- Station and Sponsor reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for all Sweepstakes and giveaways. Non-cash prizes are not redeemable for cash.
- Any prize involving travel (overnight accommodations, flight, motor coach, train, etc.) is based on availability and may be subject to certain restrictions including age limits, blackouts and expiration dates. Reservations are non-transferrable and once booked may not be re-scheduled. Likewise, any gift cards or monetary vouchers may be subject to additional rules and restrictions.
- Station and Sponsor are not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winners with any form of compensation for concerts, events, and/or travel expenses or events that are canceled, rescheduled or delayed.
- With the exception of concert and event tickets, Prizes that are not picked up by the Winner within 30 days of winning will be forfeited.
- All prizes awarded must be picked up at the Station’s studios located at 508 Westport Road, Kansas City, Missouri 64111, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, during the hours of 9 am CT and 5 pm CT.
- By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants hereby agree that Station management and Sponsor will have complete discretion with respect to any decision or interpretation relating to the Sweepstakes, and any decision or interpretation adopted by Wilks Broadcast Kansas City, or its management, and Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes shall be final, conclusive and binding.
- By participating in the Sweepstakes, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, recorded voice, likeness, and biographical material used in any promotional, advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Sweepstakes, any advertisers or sponsors associated with this Sweepstakes and their products and services, Wilks Broadcast Kansas City (and its licensee, corporate parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates), or any Wilks Broadcast radio station, without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to indemnify and to release and to save, and hold harmless Station, Sponsor, and all co-sponsors of the Sweepstakes and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives (collectively, "Released Parties") from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with, either directly or indirectly, 1) the awarding, acceptance, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize awarded herein; and/or 2) participation in the Sweepstakes or any prize related activities, including but not limited to traveling to or from any prize related activity. Upon delivery of the prize to the winner, Station and Sponsor will be deemed to have awarded the prize to the winner with winner assuming full responsibility for the prize. Under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, and entrants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Station and/or Sponsor are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials; for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, illegible entries. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes.
- Winner is prohibited from selling any prize awarded or transferring any prize. In the event that the Station and or Sponsor discovers or suspects (correctly or incorrectly) that a winner is attempting to sell his/her prize from Station (i.e., eBay, Craig’s List or other), Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to take one or more of the following actions: 1) to immediately disqualify the winner and deem any prize s/he was awarded as forfeited; 2) refuse to award the prize; 3) prohibit the violating winner from participating and/or winning any future Station Sweepstakes.
- Wilks Broadcast Kansas City and Sponsor reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to make changes in the rules of the Sweepstakes, including the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of Wilks Broadcast Kansas City or Sponsor, an event is rescheduled, postponed or cancelled beyond our control, Wilks Broadcast Kansas City or Sponsor reserve the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Station and/or Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Missouri, without regard to conflict of law principles.
- Copies of the written Sweepstakes rules and a list of winners (when complete) are available during regular business hours at the main studio of Wilks Broadcast Kansas City, 508 Westport Road Kansas City MO 64111.