OLATHE KIA SWEEPSTAKES
CONTEST PERIOD: August 9 – September 24, 2012
These rules are specific to the OLATHE KIA Sweepstakes Contest conducted by Wilks Broadcasting stations KBEQ-FM, KCKC-FM, KFKF-FM and KMXV-FM, a Wilks Broadcasting radio property (the “Station”) and OLATHE KIA (the “Sponsor”), 130 N. Fir Street, Olathe, KS 66061. Employees of Wilks Broadcasting Kansas City, its licensees, corporate parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the Kansas City metropolitan area and the members of their immediate families and/or households are not eligible to participate or win.
GRAND PRIZE: 2012 Kia Soul valued at $18,195. Taxes not included. If the winner chooses, a $3500 cash option is available.
- Each participating station will award keys that may start the Kia Soul as follows:
KMXV-MIX 93.3: Listen for the Contest Cue to air FIVE (5x) TIMES Monday thru Friday, August 9 thru September 21, 2012. The nth caller at (913 or 816) 576-7093 will win a key that may start the Grand Prize. 160 Finalists will be qualified via this method.
KBEQ-Q104: Listen for the Contest Cue to air between 7:30 and 9:00 am, Monday thru Friday, August 20 thru September 21. The 14th caller at (913 or 816) 576-7104 will win a key that may start the Grand Prize. 50 Finalists will be qualified via this method.
KCKC-Alice 102: Listen for the Contest Cue to air once between 10 am and 3 pm and once between 3 pm and 7 pm, Monday thru Friday, August 13 thru September 21, 2012. The 10th caller at (913 or 816) 576-7102 will win a key that may start the Grand Prize. 60 Finalists will be qualified via this method.
94.1 KFKF: Listen for the Contest Cue to air to around 7:15 am and 12 Noon, Monday thru Friday, August 13 thru September 21, 2012. 60 Finalists will be qualified to win via this method.
- The 2012 Kia Soul will be awarded on-site at Olathe Kia, 130 N. Fir Street, Olathe, KS 66061, on Monday, September 24th, 2012. Check-in will begin at 5 pm. Contestants must check in with photo identification and social security card on—site by 7 pm. Each registered Finalist will receive a number upon check-in. At or around 7pm, we will begin drawing numbers at random. One by one, the contestant holding the number called will select a key and try the key in the ignition. The Finalist who successfully starts the car with the selected key will win the Grand Prize. Must be present to win.
- The winner must pay for taxes, title, registration and insurance.
- Winners are required to sign a Wilks Broadcast Winner Release Form, present a valued United States state or federal photo ID and a valid social security number in order to pick up any prize. Any person who refuses to sign the Release and/or provide photo identification, social security number required by the Station may forfeit prize,
- No person will be entitled to receive any prize until after their eligibility has been confirmed or accepted by Station and all required paperwork has been completed by the pending winner within the required deadlines.
- Prizes are non-transferable and restrictions may apply.
- The Station disclaims all warranties of any kind regarding said prize(s). All prizes are accepted "as is.”
- Prizes are limited to one winner per household every 30 days unless otherwise stated. Major winners of prizes valued at $600.00 or more may only win once per year from the date of winning.
- Winners receiving a total value of prizing in excess of $300 throughout the year will receive a 1099 form for the total dollar amount of all prizing won during the year in which the prize/s were received. All applicable federal, state and local taxes and fees are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winners may be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent.
- There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- Station reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for all contests and giveaways. Non-cash prizes are not redeemable for cash.
- Any prize involving travel (overnight accommodations, flight, motor coach, train, etc.) is based on availability and may be subject to certain restrictions including age limits, blackouts and expiration dates. Reservations are non-transferrable and once booked may not be re-scheduled.
- Station and Sponsors are not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winners with any form of compensation for concerts, events, and/or travel expenses or events that are canceled, rescheduled or delayed.
- Winner does hereby release and agree to indemnify and to save and hold harmless employees and representatives of the Station and its Sponsors from any and all liability claims and demands resulting in any manner from the prize(s) or future use of the prize(s).
- With the exception of concert and event tickets, Prizes that are not picked up by the Winner within 30 days of winning will be forfeited.
- All prizes awarded must be picked up at the Station’s studios located at 508 Westport Road, Kansas City, Missouri 64111, Monday thru Friday, excluding holidays, during the hours of 9 am and 5 pm, unless otherwise designated.
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
- Contest is open to Missouri and Kansas licensed drivers over the age of 18.
- One entry per person will be allowed.
- Station and its sponsors are not responsible for any technical difficulties, malfunctions or errors (whether technical or typographical) experienced due to overload, busy signals, loss of phone service, internet availability, telephone or other connections that may occur during the course of contest.
- Warning: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmission. Contest Participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts when listening for a contest cue to call-in to win.
- Station contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
- All entries become the property of the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned. Station is not responsible for failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of Wilks Broadcast Kansas City.
- Wilks Broadcast Kansas City is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of a prize.
WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Odds of winning are 1 in 330.
- Station management will have complete discretion with respect to any decision or interpretation relating to the contest, and any decision or interpretation adopted by Wilks Broadcast Kansas City or its management relating to the contest shall be final, conclusive and binding.
- Winners must execute and return any required Affidavit of Eligibility and/or Release of Liability Prize Acceptance Form on site after winning.
- By participating in the contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, recorded voice, likeness, and biographical material used in any promotional, advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, any advertisers or sponsors associated with this contest and their products and services, Wilks Broadcast Kansas City (and its licensee, corporate parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates), or any Wilks Broadcast radio station, without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, Wilks Broadcast Kansas City in its sole discretion may require contest winners (and their travel companions, if any) to sign a liability release, agreeing to hold Wilks Broadcast Kansas City, its corporate licensee, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest.
- Winner is prohibited from selling any prize awarded or transferring any prize. In the event that the Station discovers or suspects (correctly or incorrectly) that a winner is attempting to sell his/her prize from Station (i.e., eBay, Craig’s List or other), Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to take one or more of the following actions: 1) to immediately disqualify the winner and deem any prize s/he was awarded as forfeited; 2) refuse to award the prize; 3) prohibit the violating winner from participating and/or winning any future Station contests
- Wilks Broadcast Kansas City reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to make changes in the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of Wilks Broadcast Kansas City, an event is rescheduled, postponed or cancelled beyond our control, Wilks Broadcast Kansas City reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
Copies of the written contest rules and a list of winners (when complete) are available during regular business hours at the main studio of Wilks Broadcast Kansas City, 508 Westport Road Kansas City MO 64111